Saturday, August 13, 2011

Blueberry Zucchini Muffins


In an attempt to redeem myself for the gluttony of last weeks cinnamon swirl bread I decided to make zucchini blueberry muffins! I used this recipe from Tasty Kitchen as my starting point but changed a lot if it. I substituted the almond meal for oats so I wouldn't send poor Chris into anaphylactic shock. I added in the blueberries to make them more delicious because I think all muffins should contain blueberries. I used one golden zucchini and one green one to make them pretty too. This is a particularly healthy recipe since its mainly things like veggies, whole wheat flour, flax meal (mine conveniently had blueberries in it already!), and no butter and just one tablespoon of oil.

Unfortunately despite all my attempts to make these muffins beautiful, they ended up looking FUG. I sprinkled them with oats to cover up the ugly and also a little sugar to hopefully make them taste good because I was pretty skeptical at this point.



I was pleasantly surprised at how lovely they came out!
They were pretty hearty, so not something an eight year old would go near, but not so much that Chris who only eats "health food" when I make him wouldn't try them! They were actually pretty delicious! I was very happy with them! Though if you make them, do not forget the blueberries, they pretty much made the muffin go from pretty good for a healthy muffins to awesome all around!


I am a firm believer that all muffins taste better mini. So yay for my fantastic post morning run, guilt free breakfast!


<3 Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment