Sunday, August 21, 2011

Thin Mints!

I was looking for a legitimate excuse to use a couple of my very few dollars to buy mint extract. Usually I see a random ingredient/pan/gadget in the store and buy it on a whim and discover what I can make out of it later (that's how I started making marshmallows.. I just neeeeeded that candy thermometer!) But since I finally got that zero balance back on the old credit card I have been trying to be more wise about my purchases.
So, when on the way home from dinner my boyfriend Chris makes an offhand comment about mint chip ice cream, I yank the wheel of the car around and head to the grocery store instead of home because I finally found my excuse. Mint chip ice cream.... Thin mints... Its really a small leap in my mind if you ask me.


Here are my lovely chocolate mint logs. They were supposed to be refrigerated for hours and hours then frozen for a while but honestly who has time for that so I stuck them in the freezer for 20 mins and went for a walk.


I notoriously don't let anybody do ANYTHING when I am cooking. They think I am just being nice by letting them sit on the couch and drink tea, when actually I have control issues and think no one can stir the wet and dry ingredients together like I can...Well except for a kitchenaide stand mixer.... If anyone wants to donate a pink or yellow one to me I'll gladly accept and let you watch me make you a cake or something. I made an acceptation this time and let Chris help dip the cookies in chocolate because it was hot and hurt my fingers.. I'm so sweet, right?


Medallions of chocolate minty love




After hovering over Chris' should while he dipped them in a sinful chocolate and butter mix, we froze them for a few minutes and put them on actual mint chip ice cream. But honestly the cookies were way better than the ice cream. I just felt the need to honor the "original" reason for going to the store :)
<3 Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment