Saturday, October 22, 2011

Roasted Veggies!

I went to the farmers market in the Strip District of downtown Pittsburgh early this morning with my friend Michelle. Before 8:30am we were already shopping away at all the cute little vendors and shops they have down there. God bless her for allowing me to drag her out of bed that early on a Saturday!
We came across this produce market that had all kinds of awesome mostly local fruit and vegetables for insanely cheap. I got all the stuff here for just over ten dollars!!
I came home and threw it on a cookie sheet with some salt pepper and olive oil and roasted it at 400 degrees for almost an hour.
Included here are baby bell peppers, sweet peppers, whole cloves of garlic and onions. They came out so good and made my apartment reek with the most wonderful roasted garlic smell.
I made some multigrain brown rice and some chicken and served it all together. Needless to say it was a hit with my lunch guests, Michelle, my other friend Michelle and her bf Andres!


No comments:

Post a Comment