Saturday, October 22, 2011

Kielbasa and Wild Rice Stuffed Acorn Squash

I don't think I had ever had acorn squash before this dinner, but I saw them at the store and thought they were cute, so i figured they must also be delicious... Right?
I cut the squash in half and took out the seeds and roasted them in the oven for five years (or maybe more like 45 minutes but I am very impatient). Meanwhile I sautéed some sweet onion and some turkey kielbasa sausage. I used turkey because the beef kind is a little intense and really fatty so I like to use anything that comes in a turkey version... Plus cooking beef scares me for some reason.
After the onions were translucent, I added wild rice with water and my favorite ingredient ever, Better Than Bouillon. It's like chicken stock paste so that you don't need to keep giant cartons of stock or bouillon cubes around. They are better than those... Obviously..
Everything cooked until the water was absorbed in the rice and then I scooped it into my ever so slightly too crispy acorn squash. It was fantastic and I felt very fancy eating them! I also discovered acorn squash are in fact delicious ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment