Tuesday, October 18, 2011

French Onion Soup

I made this soup because Pittsburgh was freezing cold and rainy for days straight and I wanted some soup! French onion is pretty much my favorite soup ever (besides my dads chicken noodle of course). I mean you can't go wrong with any soup that has onions and is topped with crusty bread and cheese!

After letting the onions and garlic sauté for seriously an hour, I plopped them in a pot with some low sodium beef broth and red wine and them them work magic for a really really long time (never start making soup for dinner when you are already hungry, you will end up drinking the wine that's supposed to go with the dinner and eating the bread that's supposed to go on top of the soup).

After the soup was FINALLY done, I put some french bread on it and some provolone cheese (I'm too poor for asiago or gruyere..) and popped it in the broiler and hoped that my bowls that said "not intended for oven use" didn't crack! All turned out well and the soup was bomb.

<3 Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment